Maintain Mechanical - Prevantative Mechanical Maintenance - Hot Water Tanks
Especially in hot water tanks and boilers, preventative maintenance can almost always decrease operational downtime by catching issues before they occur.
Rusted tanks, sediment build up, bacterial intrusion can all be caught ahead of time and are all major reasons why hot water tanks fail.
With hot water tanks and boiler systems, it is imperative that other systems tied to the hot water tank or boiler are also tested.
What we mean by this, is that boilers and hot water tanks have multiple components from the water lines, to the heating system and to the ventilation, and then to ensure that any harmful gasses are properly removed through that ventilation system.
Our packages are all designed to test and ensure that all of these systems are working together, from a holistic standpoint, ensuring you will get the best possible live out of your hot water system and that it is done safely and efficiently to reduce operational downtime and maximize cost savings from a utility perspective.
Our role is to highlight small deficiencies or oversights before they become larger and more costly problems. Preventative maintenance on hot water tanks can be compared to the maintenance of a vehicle; it’s far cheaper and safer to inspect and replace a car’s brake pads when required rather than leaving it until other parts of the braking system are affected.
This doesn’t mean your cost will necessarily be higher. We offer custom solutions to ensure that no one is paying for features or checks that they don’t require, and so that more advanced systems are not having features being skipped.
- Inspect and test all operational safety devices
- Test ignition control systems and flame signals
- Check hot water tank for exhaust and venting leaks
- Test and ensure proper settings on all operational controls
- Inspect combustion air filters condition, cleaning will be additional
- Inspect and clean burner
- Check condensate neutralizer
- Complete combustion analysis
- Check all hot water tank gasketing
- Adjust and tune combustion, as required
- Clean hot water tank side vessel annually
- Check condensate trap and clean, as required
- Clean combustion air filters annually, if applicable
- Check thermocouples, ignitors, flame-sensors and pilot assemblies
- Complete incoming, operating, and manifold gas pressure, test and adjust as necessary
- Replace condensate neutralizer media
- Replace thermocouples annually, if applicable
- Clean combustion air filters monthly, if applicable
- Additional housekeeping of hot water tank equipment
- Additional time allocated to evaluation of system design, components, and parameters in order to optimize effeciency